…“happiness magnets” get the best jobs.
A simple review…points out 10 reasons being a happiness magnet will help you in your job search:
- People seem to feel comfortable confiding in you.
- People follow your recommendations.
- You’re a source of material comfort or security for someone else.
- People whom you’ve introduced often go on to have a continuing relationship.
- People seem to drift toward you, join a conversation that you’re having, and sit down next to you at a meeting.
- You’ve recently been involved in the improvement or growth of an organization, group, or process that involves many other people.
- You are providing opportunities for other people – job leads, blind dates, contacts in a new city, and so on.
- People whom you hardly remember go out of their way to greet you warmly (i.e. the friend of your old roommate, or a former co-worker).
- People seem to want to connect with you — by making plans or by e-mailing, calling, or texting.
10. People seem energised by you (i.e. they smile and laugh in your presence).
Happiness Magnet = More Helpful Network
Happy people have a magnetic effect on those around them. The more people drawn in and energized by your happiness, the more likely they are to return the favour. In short, happy people are more likely to be recommended for jobs and introduced to influential people. Their ability to make others happy is rewarded in the form of a more helpful network. Ever heard of the “hidden job market?” Well, happiness magnets are the ones who get access to it.
How are you acting like a “happiness magnet” today? What suggestions do you have for others looking to do a better job of making their network happy?
Reinvent Your Career would like to thank careerrealism where this article first appeared.